Food Production Labourer
The Sunterra Group of Companies is a dynamic organization that comprises pig and crop production (Sunterra Farms), pork processing (Sunterra Meats), retail locations (Sunterra Market), Italian cooked and cured meats production (Soleterra d’Italia), and greenhouse operations (Sunterra Farms Greenhouse). Sunterra is dedicated to growing, processing, and marketing quality food products – from our carefully managed farming operations to our unique processors to our enthusiastic and innovative retail team.
Food Production Labourers are responsible for a variety of tasks related to the creation of Soleterra d'Italia's cooked and cured meat products.
· Set up and dismantle production equipment.
· Ability to read product specifications based on customer demands.
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
· Physically fit to perform job duties, including heavy lifting up to and including 55LBS
· Adaptability in rotating through various production tasks.
· Effective communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Flexibility with respect to overtime, hours of work, and shift changes
· Team Player
· Strong hand-eye coordination and ability to multi-task
· Good organizational skills
· Health and Safety focused
· Valid First Aid and/or Valid Forklift Certificates are assets
We thank all applicants for their interest, and those selected for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.